Date Change = May 3, 2016!
- Created: Monday, 18 April 2016 20:10
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE GUERNSEY COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
NOTICE OF SECOND PUBLIC HEARING
FOR APPLICATION OF
2016 COMMUNITY HOUSING IMPACT AND PRESERVATION (CHIP) GRANT FUNDS
The City of Cambridge intends to apply to the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA) for funding of Community Housing Impact and Preservation (CHIP) Grant program, activities are funded through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities Program (federal funds), HOME Investment Partnership Program (federal funds), and Ohio Housing Trust Fund (State funds). The CHIP applications are due to the State by Friday, May 6, 2016.
On April 7, 2016, the City of Cambridge and Guernsey County conducted the first public hearing and held a Housing Advisory Committee meeting to inform citizens and HAC Members about the CHIP program, how it may be used, what activities are eligible, and other program requirements.
Based on both citizen input and the recommendation of the Housing Advisory Committee, the City of Cambridge will be acting as the lead agency and the Guernsey County Commissioners will be partnering and propose to undertake the following CHIP activities in the City and County for PY 2016:
1. Private Owner Rehabilitation - Total $455,000 (City $143,000 HOME Funds - to rehabilitate 4 units; County - $232,000 HOME Funds and $80,000 Local Program Income - to rehabilitate 8 units)
2. Rental Rehabilitation $60,000 CDBG Funds and $60,000 Match from Rental Property Owners; to rehabilitate three (3) units in City of Cambridge
3. Owner Home Repair $245,000 (City - $105,000 CDBG/Ohio Housing Trust Fund - to repair 10 units; County - $120,000 CDBG/Ohio Housing Trust Fund; $20,000 Local Program Income - to repair 14 units)
4. Administration/Fair Housing - Total of $90,000 (City - $14,300 HOME Funds and $27,700 in CDBG Funds; County $31,200 HOME Funds and $16,800 in CDBG Funds)
The City is applying for $750,000 to fund these activities and will also be administering the grant on behalf of the City and County. Matching funds up to $80,000 will be used from the Guernsey County HOME Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) for Private Owner Rehabilitation. An additional $20,000 will be used as matching funds for the Home Repair activity out of the County CDBG Housing Revolving Loan Fund.
A public hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 3, 2016, at 11:00 a.m. in the City of Cambridge, Economic and Community Development Office #15 (ground floor), 1131 Steubenville Avenue, Cambridge, OH, to give residents of the City and County the opportunity to give input on the above activities.Residents are encouraged to attend this hearing. The city administration building is handicapped accessible. For further information, contact the City of Cambridge, Economic and Community Development Office at 740-439-5491.